Monday, March 4, 2013

LA Love: What's Up?

Alright, LA... I'm not done with you YET! I touched on the effects of the "down" I experienced, but I never shared the ups! And there have been many... so many, that I leave with a heavy heart. Heavy with the weight of the love I have received from all over. I don't consider it "baggage", though. It's a weight I carry with peace and joy. I've never felt more confident, but I have a ways to go... however, the plans are in motion and the excitement is definitely there!!

The one place I will miss the most is, of course, Mocafe. Not only have I made some incredible friends, but I have found people I now call family. A father, a mother... brothers and sisters. A grandma, uncles... even some cousins. An entire family tree I now consider family. I love them with all of my heart, and will carry them with me forever. The love and lessons I've received from them will always light my soul.

And that's just the family that owns the cafe... that's not counting the other employees, some now lifelong friends. Or the customers, who are probably the best customers I've ever had! Or the people I've met because of them... or going to the local bar and making more lifelong friends. Or the connections. Or the experiences. Or the pure joy, just to have a busy cafe and get to mingle with some of my favorite people, while making money. No, that's just a small, yet wonderful part of my year at Mocafe. And the love has only been stronger than ever, as I near the end of my career there...

It's funny, I find myself thinking about how I'm going to miss the little things the most...

Wondering what pastry Uri (the owner) and I will share every morning..
The gossip sessions with Orit, his youngest daughter.. and my adopted sister =)
The closes with Will & Juan, who always make me laugh..
The creativity of our customers, always making their own shit up, when we have an enormous menu... just sayin' guys! ;)
The times I order what they made up... and it's amazing!
The dancing... and the singing... and the dancing...
and the singing.
Even though we're not supposed to...
Every. single. time. the family reminds me I'm always welcome back. Always.

It has truly been an incredible experience, and one I will always take with me. The people I have met, before the cafe, while at the cafe, and outside of the cafe, are some of the best people I know. Some I talk to every day, some I barely see. But they're all there. Or they're on Facebook... Hey, don't judge me, you KNOW it's true!

And honestly, that's a whole other life I love. It really is. Call it cheesy, or lame, or whatever you'd like, but I have so much love and support on Facebook, and I consider it a big part of my life. Why, on this Earth, would I consider Facebook so important?? On Facebook, I get to see my family every day, interact with them, and view pictures of their own adventures. I get to catch up with old friends, most of whom live in other states. I get to share my work, be it music or this blog, and receive support I normally wouldn't. I get an entire channel of love, flowing from state to state, every single day. And I cherish every bit of it... I call it my "Facebook Family". And they really are. All of them.

With all of this love and support, it's a bit difficult to let one little "down" get me... well, down! I not only appreciate every moment, but I look forward to each day as a new opportunity to experience happiness. It comes in all forms, and it's attracted to its own kind. If anything, I've learned that the most. I don't personally know karma, and I'm not inclined to call her a bitch, but the studies have shown... well, that she is. However, she's also quite kind, should you utilise her properly. I've tested it... it works! So I'm sticking to my "gut", meaning my heart and mind. They seem to know a bit about life... and I trust them. The three of us, along with Buster, are off to seeee the wizaard... the wonderful wizard of a-new-life-in-San-Diegoooo!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh lovie, I'm so proud of you. You have such a good head on your shoulders. So fortunate to know you and call you a friend. Yes, BIG thank you to Facebook, allowing me to keep in touch with you and your life when I can't really be there. Can't wait to make the trip to San Diego once you're settled in :) *muah!*

    ReplyDelete