Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

I'm relaxed. I'm content. I'm... happy. And it's still kind of early for me! I feel good. And it feels sooo good to feel good. My mood has been very strange lately... still positive, still mostly happy, but a little dreamy... like I'm never really in the moment anymore. My mind has been wandering to the future, which is interesting, considering I've had more of a life in the past couple of weeks than the past more than a couple of months! What a mouthful! ............ I'll leave that one alone.

The point is, my mind has been stuck on my plans for the future, now that I have some, and I'm missing out on the happiness of the present. I think this past weekend really helped. I lived in the moment, more than a couple of times, and had some great moments. I had a lot of.... FUN! Fun... I've missed you. I never have fun anymore! What a drag! I literally just had this revelation! I never... ever... have fun. I mean, I love my job and I have fun there, but it's still work. It's still stressful. It's still... well, work! But I never go out, I rarely drink, and I go to bed at a decent hour. I'm a grown up! Ew.

I need to have fun. We all need to have fun. It keeps us sane! But since I work 6 days a week, and usually most of the day, I stay in, doing mostly nothing, so I can make it through the next day with the cheery side of myself I so adore. Then, when I finally get a day off, I spend it doing nothing! Because that feels amazing after the past 6 days of work. No wonder I need a vacation! I never have fun. Boo. Hoo.

Anyways, I feel good right now, and it's a glorious feeling! A feeling I'm going to feed much more from now on. I work my awesome ass off and I deserve it! Dagnabbit! I work so hard at a job where I'm serving people, that I sometimes forget to serve myself. I think we've all been guilty of that before. I'm just so glad I realized it! Hmm... this blogging stuff really does wonders for me, ya' know. I should do it more often =)

No comments:

Post a Comment