Monday, February 18, 2013

LA Love: The Countdown Begins

Saturday marked the first day of my 1-month countdown to change... in other words, my big move to San Diego and decision to pursue music full-time.

WHOA! One more month?!
Oh yeah... it's sneaking up on me... creeper.

On this beautiful Saturday afternoon, I was in a taxi, heading to work, when a peace washed over me. I felt a calming reassurance that I had made the right decision, and all will fall into place as it should. Gazing out the window, I also realized that Los Angeles isn't so bad. In fact, there are many things I will miss about this eclectic city. In that moment, I decided that I would have a countdown of my own, blogging style. A countdown of all the things I love about LA, segueing into my next blog. You see, I want to conclude this blog on a happy note. Once I move, I will begin a new blog, chronicling my new journey and adventures in music. For now, I want to enjoy this city for all its worth.

Enjoying this city actually screwed up my countdown already! I wanted to start Saturday night, but my good friend Robert "dragged" me to see Dane Cook, front row and center. (Did I mention we met him after the show?!!) Having an early morning on Sunday, I slept instead of blogging. 'What about last night, Shaneil??' Well, my weekly visit to my favorite bar lasted much longer than I expected. I ended up meeting two incredible people from Florida, and spent much of my evening chatting with them about music.

As you can imagine, I'm okay with missing the last two days. I experienced some wonderful... experiences... throughout the weekend. Today, however, the countdown begins! Starting later this evening, I will post every day, detailing something I love about LA. I've grown in some really incredible ways the last six years, and am eternally grateful for every heartache, every adventure, every person, and every lesson I've learned. I'm excited and ready to move, but also aware of the impact Los Angeles has had on me.

I will not leave in anger.
I will not leave with regrets.
I will not leave a bitter "has-been" of Los Angeles.

I will leave with a love in my heart, a skip in my step, lessons learned, and character built. I will leave with an appreciation for everything I've experienced in this great city. So, Los Angeles, these next handful of posts are all for you, and everything you've taught me. Let the countdown... BEGIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment