Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dream Catcher

*Mrs. Doubtfire's voice* Hellooooooooo..... !!!

HUSH.

I'm in a really, pretty great, actually fanTAStic mood! The last couple of days were amazing, and here are about a million reasons why! Okay, maybe just half a million. Okay, it's nowhere near a million. If I keep saying million, this may turn into a rap song... let's move on.

If you're reading this, you probably saw my post on Facebook regarding the "best night of my life". Sorry, the "BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!", to be exact. Wellll folks, here is why! I was fortunate enough to travel down to my soon-to-be-home in San Diego, where I stayed with 3 of my best friends, and attended the DELTA RAE concert! "Who is Delta Rae?" you may ask... Google them. Youtube them. Follow them! They are amazing, and a huge inspiration in my life, for so many reasons. Here's one:

How about the entire reason I'm moving to San Diego??

Yup. Truth. Their story, music, and passion are the reasons Sandi Bear and I even talked about really going for it... really trying... really doing music. Now she and my buddy Sam are down there, as 22 Kings, making amazing music and actually starting a business around it. It's their JOB... to make music. Amaze balls. In just over a month, I will be joining them, to do the same. Ummm.... SUPER AMAZE BALLS.

After this last trip down there, I've never been more excited to start this new journey! Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a very long time. Walking the streets of Ocean Beach, I felt at home. The shops, the people, the overall vibe... so wonderful. I felt my soul heal just a bit, walking around this area, promoting my sensational friends (who are playing the San Diego brewfest this Friday!). I felt peace. I felt love. I felt... happiness.

Oh, and then we went to see Delta flippin' Rae in concert!!!!!!!!

Have I mentioned that? Oh, okay. Have I mentioned how two amazing young ladies in front of me became my quick friends? Or how one of them got the setlist for me at the end of the show? Or how I met the entire band and got them to sign it?? AND THEN TOLD EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM HOW MUCH THEY'VE INSPIRED US?!!! Oh, I haven't? Well, NOW YOU KNOW!!!

Okay, so I was a bit of a 12-year old meeting them. I don't care. I love them. Their inspiration pushed me in a direction I've longed for my entire life... to face a fear I've held for years... to pursue my passion... and love it. No matter what happens, my life is about to change. And I can't wait. I just. can't. WAIT.

All of them were incredibly nice, warm, and supportive. I loved meeting them, I loved the show, I loved San Diego... and I love my friends. I can't wait to be with them, following our dreams. There's nothing else to really say... I've got work to do, love to share, and dreams to chase. The sky limits me not... I soar when I fly.



Yes, I am a crazy person. What of it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment