Tuesday, February 12, 2013

X Marks The Spot

We spend much of our lives searching for peace,
yearning for love,
aching for purpose,
praying for change...

We don't expect to find it all in one place. But I think our deepest desires tend to go hand in hand, all found in the core of your soul. Something, someone, may touch that spot with their heart and leave you forever changed. I have been incredibly blessed in my life to have met and befriend... ed? many amazing people. Never have I met so many so quickly. And it all began with one person.

My Sandi Bear.

Over the last year and a bit, I have come into contact with some of the best people I know. Most of these people have been through my very best friend, Sandi. She is something else, I tell ya'! When you first meet her, you see exactly what I mean. That smile, laugh, and loving touch that she bestows upon everyone she meets. She is one in a million, and I will be forever changed having known her. Even better, she loves me just the same.

And how did I come to meet such a wonderful lady?

Another amazing person, Sam. Though Sam and I never got that close that quickly, we always remained in contact, and when I really needed someone, really needed a friend, he was there. Anyone read my last blog, A New Beginning? Remember when I was fired from Starbucks? Well, the day it happened, Sam was the one person to come over, just to give me a hug. Just to show me some love on an awful day. That "awful" day became one of the greatest days of my life. Not only did I spend the entire day sightseeing, drinking, and karaoke-ing, but Sam was joined by the spectacular Sandi, visiting for her last day from San Francisco. She was thinking of moving to LA, loved my apartment, and moved into my building. We also became instant friends, spending every moment together. My life has never been the same.

Now, I'm getting ready to move to San Diego, joining these two amazing people on a new journey in life. Last night, they played a SENSATIONAL show in North Hollywood, and even called me up to sing a song with them. The feeling of just jumping up there and going for it... amazing. Have I used the word amazing yet? Everything is just simply... amazing.

The peace I crave,
the love I yearn for,
the purpose I seek,
the change I so desperately need...

It all lies in this move. No matter what happens, this entire journey will better me. I don't know where it will lead yet, but I have two incredible people to share it with. It's as if I discovered that buried treasure, deep inside of my soul, screaming to come out... calling me to that spot, guiding me towards the light. It shines so bright, it blinds the night. Or something deep like that. The point is, I'm making a step towards a better future for myself, and a happier existence. And one little show proved to me that I'm ready. I'm no longer afraid, I'm ecstatic! It's like that bouncer knew...



"Hey girl, you found it."

No comments:

Post a Comment