Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'VE GOT THE POWER!

Sooo... I was pretty pathetic last night, si? Si. So. Let's try something different! How about I don't wallow in my own self-pity and actually do something about something? Yes? You like? Me. Too.

I am most definitely NOT at 100%, however I am feeling a little better, right now, in this moment. I'll take it! Ghost ride the whip! What.... the fruck does that mean?! Anyone? Anyways. (I'm terrible at *segues, hence the constant usage of 'anyways'.) So anyywayyys... let's get goin'! C'mon! You... you ready?

Aw shit, I got nothin'.

Seriously.

I have no idea where my life is headed... I really don't. Yet, as I sat down to write this blog, I got an overwhelming feeling... a sense... that I can do anything. It feels good... SO good... to feel that way. Figuring out what I need to do to find happiness is, yes, the hardest part; but feeling that I can do anything is amazing. I sometimes forget that I got where I am by doing what I truly wanted to do... and that hasn't changed. I can still do that! I still have control! Why did I think otherwise?

I don't know, but I do know that I need to figure it out. So. Where are we? I know I need to do something, but I don't know what it is? Awesome. Pro... gress... ? Sort of? I'm going to view it as progress, because I can use all the positivity I can get! I'm normally the source of said positivity, but I can't always rely on myself. I have to allow myself to open up to other people, and embrace their perspective, experience, and advice. I guess what triggered my new attitude was the fact that I did just that. I stayed after work today, and had a nice conversation with my boss (who is like a father to me). The simple act of having a discussion of responsibilities with someone who knows far more about it than me felt fullfilling. I already knew everything he said, but it was nice to hear it out loud. And from someone else! It reminded me of my own power. The power within me to accomplish anything my heart desires. ANYTHING!

So I'm done complaining. I've over wallowing. I'm past the pity party. I'm standing tall, and I'm keeping this damn smile on my face! I know my power, and it's time I put it to use. It's time to make a plan, and follow it. This is a short post, for the wind has caught my thoughts and I'm trailing off... off into the sunset... to sink below the horizon, reappearing with the dawn... the dawn of a new day. A new life. Fooooor me! And I'm feelin' GOOD =D



*Author's Note: I find this incredibly hilarious: So you should, too:
I had to dictionary.com 'segue', as I could not, for the life of me, feel comfortable not doing so; and choosing to spell it phonetically, I came upon this:

seg·way

[seg-wey] 
verb, noun
a frequent misspelling of segue.
 
 
Well. That answers that question!

1 comment:

  1. We all hit low points, the beauty is being able to climb out of the cement cellar of whatever has been weighing us down and walk back into the light of day. In other words, mind over matter. We control our thoughts, and we can choose to feel gratitude and happiness even when something is lingering. Eventually the sadness or whatever has us down lifts and like magic we reappear. I think you have a wonderful disposition. Don't beat yourself up, after all you are only human. What a pity it would be to not feel emotions, right? Love and Light and Namaste'

    ReplyDelete