Monday, September 17, 2012

Reunited, And It Feels...

Hold up, wait a minute! Put a little passion in it...
Oosh, Ahh, Oosh, Ahh...

So, that just happened. And yes, while typing it, I chanted it out loud... with motions... at least I can make myself laugh!

Moving along... as we all know, I've been going through some emotional battles and trying to find peace in my own little world. I'm hitting some brick walls, but sledgehammer in hand, knocking them down. And it feeeels soooo good! I'm starting to write every day again, be it a blog, a song, a random note... anything. And as opposed to my history of writing, it's not happening because I'm depressed or longing... I'm finally learning to tap into this creative expression of mine through happiness and joy. Discovery and learning. Experience and growing. In positive ways. Oh, inspiration! We certainly travel many different roads, don't we?

I began writing a song this morning called "Love in a New Light", obviously inspired by my previous post and its topic of discussion. It's a beautiful thing when simply meeting new people can inspire and open up hidden facets of your soul. Places in your heart you didn't know existed, yet shine so bright once revealed. Though still burdened by conflict in my life, I'm pushing through boundaries in my heart, and coming out the other side with new perspective. I've lost the ability to be happy alone, but little by little, rediscovering the tools needed to do so. I constantly find myself thinking, 'I just want to be in love'... what I failed to realize was with whom I needed to find said love! Yours Truly <3

You see, my days are all the same.
Wake up.
Coffee.
Nicotine.
Bus adventures.
Work.
More bus adventures.
Sleep.
Repeat.

And in the midst of busy beeing, one day off to simply do, well, nothing. My one day to relax and have no cares, no worries. How do I normally spend these once-a-week days?
Wake up.
Coffee.
Nicotine.
Facebook.
Nicotine.
Snuggle with Buster.
Nicotine.
Facebook.
Nicotine.
YouTube.
Nicotine.
Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Not exactly what I had in mind for my daily living. I want so much more, yet I allow myself to fall into routines of just getting by. You know that saying, "I want to thrive, not just survive"? Well, I'm just surviving. Which is great, when you think of all of those who can barely do that, however that's not in my plan. I know it, you know it, and whomever or whatever you believe is watching from above, is shaking his/her/its head, saying "I know it!". So. We're all in agreement then? Good.

Writing is my therapy for many reasons, but one very important reason is that it inspires me in my tangible life. Waking up this morning, reading through some fascinating writing, browsing through pictures, then picking up my guitar and beginning a new song- I feel refreshed. I feel like the day is mine for the taking, and being my one day off, I plan to take it to its limits! I want and need to clean my apartment, bathe my dog, exercise, meditate, and do some arts & crafts. Want and need because these activities will make me happy today. That is my ultimate goal, yes? Yes. SO- here's to a new day, where anything is possible. Here's to recognizing what makes you happy, and taking action. Here's to opening your heart, and filling its cup. Here's to passion, and its power over pain. Here's to me... and what I'm capable of. *Anything*

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you and see you happy! I know it's been a roller coaster with some great highs and some tough lows but you're on the right track. You care about yourself and are really good at seeing what is and isn't important in life. Love you girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up today and decided I'm going to tackle the rest of 2012 like a new beginning. I bought a scale, and tackled the whole struggling to understand where it is today is not where it has to be next week, next month, next year. I'm trying not to focus on past failures, I'm just taking it from here.

    Your post is on the same wavelength as I am
    Now. Changes, I'm always trying to improve, evolve, be a much better version of myself. Part of that us breaking with the ordinary and expecting an extraordinary life with extraordinary experiences. It all begins with a thought, as they say thoughts can become reality if you manifest the universe.

    ReplyDelete