Thursday, August 9, 2012

...A Nice Day, For A...

You guessed it- white weddinnng! (No, don't read it out loud, sing it out loud! If you already did, I love you...)

I often peruse Facebook, as some can probably tell, and I keep seeing friends getting married... all. over. the place. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a scrapbook of my future wedding or fall asleep to thoughts of that fabulous day with some fabulous man, but I do enjoy watching other people find that perfect one for them... that counterpart to their soul... the joy on their faces the day they officially announce it to the world, and commit to one another. It really is a beautiful thing.

So, I look at these pictures, and marvel in the fact that no matter what, the bride is always stunning. Always. Every woman wants to feel beautiful on their wedding day, and be it extravagant or elegantly simple, she always looks incredibly happy and in love. I always smile for them... my heart smiles.

However, I always find myself scanning these frozen moments for the genuine moments. And by that, I mean what may be considered a candid photo. I love... seeing someone jump in front of the camera, the posed unawares laughing at the photo bomb; the little flower girl, tossing the flowers in the wrong direction; the drunk groomsman, who obviously should not be dancing; the bride PISSED after the cake actually was crammed into her face; the groom, getting quite involved in the retrieval of the garter, while the bride laughs in joyous embarrassment... these are the moments I look for. These are the tender moments.

I think what makes a wedding perfect is its imperfections. Life is all about imperfections, and how we embrace them. One day, I'll get married. And knowing me, I'll either trip on my dress, laugh during the vows when I shouldn't, dance like an idiot, or be a bit too giddy... and those will be the moments I love. The unplanned moments. The awkward moments. The unexpected moments. Women plan and plan and plan, some WAY too much, and enable themselves to become the dreaded "bridezillas" we hear about. Of course not everything is going to go right; that's flippin' life! But when the true meaning of the day is upheld, the really wonderful moments are allowed to shine. The moments we look back on with a smile, and probably a funny story.

I think the moral here is... allow life to be imperfect. Don't dwell on how you wish things could be, just appreciate things for how and what they are. Act like an idiot, mess up a recipe, joke about a bad experience... make life yours, but allow it to flow. You never know what you could be missing out on... what doors you may be closing with your expectations. Dwelling on details and stressing over possible outcomes only adds to your unhappiness, so CALM THE HELL DOWN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment