Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Get Ready, 'Cause Here I Come!

Holy Bloggin' Moly! I'm BACK!!!

A whole new world, a whole new blog, a whole new ME. This blog is incredibly important to me for many reasons. Please, let me explain...

For those of you who followed my blog last year, you saw me go through some serious heartache concerning a pretty amazing guy who just didn't feel the same way as I did. What you may not know is that he is the whole damn reason I even started to blog again! (Again? Say whaaat?). You see, I had started a blog many years ago, but only posted two entries. In the midst of falling quite hard for this fella', I began a new blog because he began a blog. What I didn't realize is how quickly it would take off, and how much I would love it! Now, here I am again, but this time- it's for ME. I waited and waited and waited until the right moment to purchase a new computer (a laptop, at that! What a joy after using a bulky desktop for so many years!). Now, I'm beginning this blog on a very special day.

Exactly 1 year ago, I moved into my very first apartment allll to myself! Many of you know this apartment as my "dream apartment", and it continues to hold true to its title as I live my little life in pure bliss, even all alone. Well, except for Buster, of course =) Being alone has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm still making changes to my place, but the changes I have made only add to the beauty that is... MY place. Just mine. Just me.

Yes, it's just me... another special detail engraved in this new adventure. Years ago, I wrote a song titled "It's Just Me", partially about my father, but mostly about taking life for all it's got, all on my own. The chorus says:

'It's just me, ready to follow my dreams.
It's just me, to make everything and it seems-
that it's just me, but it's really just me and the world.
So, ready or not world, here I come.'

It's been about 10 years since I wrote that song, but it constantly pops up in my thoughts, acting as a driving force for the strength and positive outlook I hold dear to my heart. Everything I've achieved over the last couple of years has been accomplished because I worked my big ol' butt off to get it! I'm thrilled to begin writing about my adventures again, whether or not anyone reads it. Just as my first blog wasn't meant to draw in readers, this one will live on because it makes me happy to breathe life into it... I guess it's a good thing I know CPR! Now, if I could just figure out how to use that on a guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment