Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blank Stares at Blank Pages

Although I would love to blog every day, it doesn't always happen. Last night, I spent the evening with one of my best friends, Ms. Sandi. Being my neighbor, co-worker, partner in crime and blessing in my life, get used to hearing her name. It'll come up a lot =)

With our busy schedules, it isn't often we get to spend an evening vegging, watching movies and just talking. Even as neighbors! I mean, the woman lives ONE FLOOR below me! And I live next to the staircase! It's not exactly a task getting down there. Plus, I have a key, as does she to my apartment. So, you see how close we are. Anyways, we talked about a lot of great things last night. Sometimes, saying things out loud to someone who understands exactly where you're coming from is the greatest release, even over writing. Unfortunately, I kept thinking of ideal topics for my next blog... unfortunately, because I didn't want to end the conversation to write. Now, here I am, with the time to blog, and I stare at the blank page, missing the sparks I felt last evening to sit down and release the beasts vacationing in my mind.

It's a torturing feeling... not knowing what to write about. Not feeling inspired to write. In the months leading up to this new blog, I constantly thought of ideas and felt the urge to express them, but couldn't. Now that I can, I find myself struggling to flash back to those moments and finally put them to words. Well, what. the. hell!

Inspiration seems to come to me when I least expect it... and when it does, it is truly a glorious feeling to yearn for a blank page. This morning, the blank page taunts me with its emptiness... calling out to me for something... anything... to make it feel complete. Filling it with this nonsense is NOT what I had in mind. But, writing is like a muscle, and I'm slowly working out each day to strengthen and rebuild what I once had. With so much brewing inside of me, there will come a day when I have too much to write, and the blank pages that haunt me will once again, become full of life. Just have a little patience with me... and have a little faaaith in meeee!

Yes, I'm singing out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Posted at 9:22 huh. Coincidence? Or are you just so in tune with me?? And as far as all our inspiring topics last night, they flowed naturally like a little river of " oh yeah and..." or "and that reminds me of..." because we were together, chatting. You should just come back downstairs and start a conversation with me and i'm sure a blog will unfold :) Even if it is only about how random we are...or how Ford REALLY IS trying to murder Buster.

    ReplyDelete