Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Holy Rigatoni! It's My Birthday! =D

Whoo! Celebrating a birthday does a lot of things to you! It reminds you and makes you appreciate all of the wonderful people who love you. It reminds you that you're getting older, and that time is precious. It takes a toll on your body! I am getting TOO OLD for this drinking business! One night of partying (which I do NOT do often) and I am POOPED!!!

But the emotion that I am feeling most... is missing the people that I truly love. Not the "just came on facebook to say Happy Birthday 'cause facebook reminded me it's today" people... which I DO appreciate!!! Every one of 'em!!!... but the people who I miss having in my daily life. My family... some of my best friends, far away... the not-so-constant constants in my life, that make me whole, yet I never see. Hell! Never talk to! Not seeing them is a bit out of my control as of now. A lack of funds and a lack of time continue to weigh me down... but not talking to them is just lazy. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

I'm terrible on the phone. There's something about committing to sustaining a conversation with someone I can't even see, while holding this dreaded device up to my ear, that boils my blood. And then when I do get on the darn phone, I never get off! Hours fly by, because so have the months... years... and I suddenly have lost out on precious time I could be spending... oh, I don't know, cleaning or something. So I just don't. do it. I'm stating right here, right now, that I am going to do my darndest to fix that.

Moving right along, in spite of some feelings of guilt mixed in, I had a fantastic birthday! And it really just started! I'm 2 hours in to my actual birthday, and I'm already floating on air. What a marvelous feeling I'm feeling. My body aches, but my heart beats loud, each beat a flash of the faces that made my day amazing. From a cray cray drankin' night, to a night filled with glowsticks, party poppers, bubbles, a princess themed-party complete with a tiara and princess wand, yummy snacks, great friends, and hilarious moments. Tomorrow, I jump back in to work, where I will surely mention to every customer that it's my birthday. Plus, they may guess from the tiara I'm wearing. Oh yes. It's on tomorrow.

All in all, I feel great! I had 2 wonderful nights with wonderful people, surrounded by love, embraces, and smiles. And ohhh the laughs!! And through it all, I was also reminded that I should cherish some things a bit more. Not just say I do, but show I do. We all should... much, much more. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment